KCA University Internal Audit department conducted a five-day Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) training for University Risk Champions.
The training which was held at Safari Park hotel was officially commissioned by the Vice Chancellor and CEO Prof. Isaiah I.C. Wakindiki.
The training is aimed at streamlining the risk management processes at KCAU to:
- Enable better decision-making and alignment to strategy;
- Enhance legal and regulatory compliance;
- Increase efficiency and cost savings through streamlined processes;
- Improve risk awareness and preparedness;
- Effective governance;
- Enhance reputation and credibility;
- Improve stakeholder management and
- Improve the risk management culture at the University.
Risk champions are to be the ambassadors of the risk management process in the University and were equipped with knowledge in providing oversight and guidance on risks within specific risk areas/units. They will support risk owners in the execution of proposed risk identification and mitigation strategies as follows.
- Sensitize KCAU Community on Risk Management;
- Drive Implementation of Risk Management throughout the University;
- Develop and maintain departmental Risk Registers;
- Formulate the Risk Champions Network;
- Follow up on Risk Treatment Action Plans;
- Ensure Comprehensive Risk Reporting;
- Recognize the importance of communication and collaboration in risk management and
- Enforce risk management policies and procedures within KCAU departments/units
At the end of the training the participants were awarded certificates.