The Accounting Technicians Diploma qualification equips candidates with skills and competencies to work as middle level accountants providing technical support in accounting, auditing and taxation in both the public and private sectors.
ATD comprises of three (3) levels with four (4) papers in each Level I making a total of seven (12) papers, as summarized below.
A person seeking to be registered as a student for any of the diploma examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade C- (C Minus) or equivalent qualifications.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade D.
- Any other kasneb technician or diploma examination certificate.
Curriculum Road Map
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Law and Ethics
- Entrepreneurship and Communication
- Information Communication Technology
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Principles of Taxation